Potions for an integral part of Minecraft, and can make exploring certain areas and fighting bosses much easier! Brewing Potions requires you to make use of a Brewing Stand. This guide will help you learn how to make a Brewing Stand in Minecraft.
Easy Video Guide
Required Materials to Make a Brewing Stand in Minecraft
In addition to a Crafting Table, you require the following items to make a Brewing Stand.
- 1 Blaze Rod
- 3 Cobblestone
How to Make a Brewing Stand in Minecraft Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1 – Gather Items
Cobblestone is one of the easiest items to find in Minecraft. Look for Stone, which appears as a grey block with specks of numerous shades of grey. Use a pickax to dig up the block. Note that if you use any other tool other than a pickax or your hands to break the Stone block, you will not obtain Cobblestone. Pick up Cobblestone before it disappears. Finding a Blaze Rod is more challenging. You need to first find a Blaze, which is a fiery mob found in the Nether. Attack and kill the Blaze. It will drop a Blaze Rod that you can pick up.
Step 2 – Crafting Table
Open the 3×3 Crafting Grid on the Crafting Table. You must place the items in a very specific pattern to obtain a Brewing Stand. First up, place the Blaze Rod in the second slot of the top row. In the middle row, place 1 Cobblestone block in each of the three slots. Leave the bottom row completely empty. This is the recipe to make a Brewing Stand.
Step 3 – Move to Inventory
If you have placed the items in the right pattern, a Brewing Stand will appear on the right side of the Crafting Menu. Move it to your inventory.
Usage and Best Tips
Opening a Brewing Stand
- Step 1 – Place the Brewing Stand in your Hotbar, and equip it. Position the pointer to the location where you want to place the Stand. The block should get highlighted with a dark outline. Choose a location that you can access easily since you will be using it quite regularly.
- Step 2 – Add the required items to your Hotbar so that you can access it while using the Brewing Menu.
- Step 3 – Stand in front of the Brewing Stand. Right-click or tap on the Brewing Stand to open it up. You will be able to see the Brewing Menu. The ingredients can be placed in the box at the top. The Potions that you create will appear in the bottom 3 boxes. You also need Blaze Powder in the box to the top left in newer versions of the game.
You can make regular Potions as well as Splash Potions using a Brewing Stand. For example, if you are making a Potion of Fire Resistance, you require a Nether Wart, a Water Bottle, and Magma Cream. The Water Bottle and Nether Wart are common, while the third ingredient changes for each different Potion.
- Step 1 – Add the Blaze Powder to the top left slot of the Brewing Menu.
- Step 2 – Place the Water Bottle in the first of the bottom 3 slots.
- Step 3 – Then place a Nether Wart in the top slot. The bubbles will activate and turn white, and the arrow will also turn white to show the progress bar. When the basic brewing process is finished, the Nether Wart will disappear.
- Step 4 – Next, take the third ingredient, which in this case is the Magma Cream. Add the Magma Cream to the top box. The same process will repeat, and the Magma Cream will soon disappear.
- Step 5 – Your Potion is now finished. You can move it to your inventory.
Brewing Splash Potions
To make a Splash Potion, you need the regular Potion of the same type.
- Step 1 – Open the Brewing Menu.
- Step 2 – Place the Blaze Powder to activate the Brewing Stand.
- Step 3 – Place the regular Potion in one of the bottom slots.
- Step 4 – Next, put Gunpowder in the top slot. You will see the arrow turn white as it indicates the progress. When the brewing is done, the Gunpowder will disappear.
- Step 5 – Move the Splash Potion to your inventory.